MEMBERS HONEST REVIEWS AND COMMENTS ON KIJIJI.CA

Kijiji.ca, commonly known as Kijiji, is a prominent Canadian online classified advertising website. Launched in February 2005 as a subsidiary of eBay, Kijiji has since become a part of the eBay Classifieds Group, which was acquired by Adevinta in 2020. The platform is structured to operate sections for cities and urban regions, facilitating the posting of local advertisements.

Functioning as a centralized network of online groups, Kijiji allows people to write and respond to local online classified advertisements. While it was initially established in Canada, its services have expanded to more than 300 cities across various countries, including Germany, France, Italy, China, India, Taiwan, Belgium, Switzerland, Austria, and Japan.

Kijiji's platform is designed to offer an engaging and convenient way for Canadians to buy, sell, trade, and support each other with a wide range of goods, cars, services, housing, jobs, real estate, and vacation rentals. This expansive range of categories enables clients to find or advertise a diverse array of products and services. The website's approach is likened to an "online village," aiming to connect neighbors and communities. It promotes an easy, enjoyable, and environmentally friendly way to engage in online transactions, including buying and selling items, finding apartments, jobs, and services.

In summary, Kijiji is a versatile and widely-used online classifieds platform in Canada, with a growing international presence. It offers a user-friendly environment for a vast array of local transactions and connections, from personal sales and services to job opportunities and housing solutions.

In order to improve Ezead.com we need an honest answer to this so we can either input your likes or remove your dislikes as we build the Ezead Community

You can also use this to vent or praise the site to start a honest conversation.

Thanks Frank 

• 2 weeks later...

One of the driving forces which has now caused me to build and complete the Ezead Community is that being a longtime user of Kijiji and it parent company Ebay both I have watched as page views and sales on both sites are declining but the rates rise almost daily to a point that neither site is a viable alternative.  I currently run about 180 ads on Kijiji that costs me over $6000.00 per month with limited sales and pages viewed??

https://www.kijiji.ca/o-all-trac-machinery-leasing-inc/46239098/listings/1

This is done intentionally by Kijiji to force you to pay for featured listing or constantly be bumping your ads to the front of the pages. This is done by limiting the popular categories and not offering sub categories

If I WAS  USING AS THEY STRONGLY SUGGEST AND ARE CONSTANTLY PROMOTING TOP PAGE ADS OR FEATURED ADS MY BILL WOULD BE $20,000.00 OR MORE PER MONTH ONLY BECAUSE OF CORPORATE GREED FOR NOT  SIMPLY IMPROVING THE SITE IN THE MEMBERS GOOD!!

brave_screenshot_www.kijiji.ca.png

brave_screenshot_www.kijiji.ca (1).png

The ad shown is in the City of Edmonton in Alberta one of Kijiji Top User Sites and on these two costs of bumping up and the add was well done and placed over a month ago which had been bumped up over four time at a cost of $8.95 plus taxes to get 68 visits?? 

To have kept it at the top of the page I would have had to bump it up 30 times @ $8.95 plus taxes per time.

I placed this as a Top Ad for three days at A cost of $107.95 plus taxes and again got minimal if any page views for those three days??

The ad in questions is this one https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1632910306

After the end of three days the following is the results of spending $107.95  plus taxes 

brave_screenshot_www.kijiji.ca (4).png

So gained  18 visits and went from page 11 to page well beyond >30 during that time in fact was at page >30 before the end of the day .

Note in some categories like cars - your ad would disappear to page >30 in hours not 1 day.

To me Kijiji is nothing but a site built by and for the corporate greed culture and does not care about their members and an easy fix to get more views is to offer more categories.

I have requested that TWENTY TIMES OR MORE  with never a response from Kijiji support .